Sunday

fab furnishings

It may not be on my wishlist, but I recognize great design. The Eames rocking chair has popped up on my radar, I see it everywhere - even my brother has one. Apparently it is THE rocking chair of choice for style-saavy new parents. the fiberglass seat is an easy clean when it comes to spit up and other bodily fluids that come with breastfeeding and babies etc. etc. hmmm. yeah. I am avoiding the whole giving birth situation so this chair is definitely not an ideal choice for my living space...

when I eventually feel up to the whole creating a mini-me thing I believe I will end up inheriting my mom's old wooden rocker. that whole nostalgia thing. you know what I mean.

This chair was brought to life by the Eames (iconic mid-century modernists)... who created 'a series of designs that became the hallmark of modern interiors of the 1950s and 1960s'... very important to anything and everything modern in design.



via inhabitat.com



eames rocker via decor8



via sfgirlbybay



via desiretoinspire.net


borrowed words via the museum of modern art website
article info: words by David Gebhard
From Grove Art Online
© 2009 Oxford University Press

No comments:

Post a Comment