Sunday

It's the mistake you always made, Doc, trying to love a wild thing

I had a little too much tequila on Saturday, spending some much needed quality time with a few of the most lovely ladies in this city. Today I spent the day recovering with Ms. Hepburn. One of my favourite leading ladies of all time, she never disappoints in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Her wardrobe doesn't either... the silk and rhinestone pink dress is my favourite.

I'm not the only one who likes it. The famous pink dress sold at Christie's New York Auction House "along with a variety of other film memorabilia... costumes for leading ladies from classic movies such as Tippi Hedren in The Birds, Barbara Striesand in Funny Girl and Elizabeth Taylor's turn as a Southern belle in Raintree Country. Hepburn's pink dress was estimated to sell for $20,000 to $30,000 but the prediction was that it would likely easily sail over those numbers during the auction." And it did. The pink dress sold for a solid $192,000.

I guess if I had the money, if there was anything I was going to collect it would be amazing costumes from my favourite films. Especially the films that were seriously scripts to remember. I've watched this one a million times and it still gets to me. I have memories of when the tomboy I was would put on a princess dress and pretend I was a lady while I watched her, when my mom used to sing Moon River while she did the dishes, when I sat in front of my mirror in my room, putting on my clip-on earrings and say to noone in particular

"You could always tell what kind of a person a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you. I must say, the mind reels."


borrowed words and images found here. selling price of the dress seen here

No comments:

Post a Comment