TIRAMISU 6 egg yolks ¾ c. + 2 tbsp. sugar 2/3 c. milk 1 ¼ c. whipping cream 1 tsp. vanilla 1 lb. mascarpone cheese ¾ c. very strong coffee 4 tbsp rum 2 x 3 oz. packages ladyfingers 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- In a medium saucepan, whisk yolks and sugar, add milk and cook over medium heat until thick. Boil 1 minute and chill covered for at least an hour until cool.
- Beat cream with 2 tbsp sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Mix cheese and yolk mixture until smooth
- Combine coffee and rum to dip the ladyfingers in.
- Depending on size and shape of dish, make 2 or 3 layers. Dip ½ or 1/3rd of the ladyfingers in the coffee rum mixture and layer on the bottom of dish. Spread ½ or 1/3 of cheese mixture, then ½ or 1/3 of the whipped cream. Sprinkle with a layer of cocoa powder. Repeat layers, finishing with a generous sprinkle of cocoa powder and garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
- Very important to cover and let this dessert rest in the fridge for at least 24 hours to let the flavours combine.
hanging with my nephew, eating ice cream, greek food, watching harry potter, picking green beans at the farm with the dogs and shmilton while listening to old school hits, raspberry wine, mintage $5 a bag sale, white 80s rodeo princess leather jacket with a fringe, sabre tooth tiger cocktail ring, flowy summer dress with leather and feathers, pickled spicy beans and some bbq magic = amazing weekend.